Our student Marian Ivanochko received IAESTE grant for training at the University of Lodz, Department of Cytobiochemistry.The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience, Association sans but lucratif (non-profit association), commonly known as IAESTE A.s.b.l. is an association of national committees representing academic, industrial and student interests.
The training will last from June 4 to July 15, 2019.
Studies will concern molecular mechanisms of neoplastic transformation and particularly are dealt with:
- alterations of cellular signal transmission in neolplastic transformation
- induction of apoptosis in B-cell chronic leukemia by different drugs
- epigenetic modifications in cancer
- the significance of protein glycosylation in cancer cells’ matabolism.
Methods which can be used during tests:
- cell culture
- cell treatment (siRNA, plasmid vectors)
- proliferation/migration/invasion assays
- chromatin immunoprecipitsation assay
- RNA isolation and real-time PCR
- RFLP-RCR, MSP-PCR
- western blotting